“This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth His glory; and his disciples believed on Him” (John 2:11).
WELCOME to the month of November 2023. Our focus for the month is: “WALKING IN THE SUPERNATURAL (John 2:1-11)”.
I decree and declare that you shall operate in the order of God and nothing shall hold you or tie you down throughout this month, in Jesus name!
Walking in the supernatural is your inheritance and birth right as a believer. A man of the spirit is like a wind (John 3:8). You cannot predict him. Nothing can hold him or tie him down, for he/she operates in the order of God.
That is why Ezekiel, though in captivity, still excelled, for the heaven was opened unto him (Ezekiel 1:1). Even Jesus experienced the same thing, after He was baptized by John the Baptist in Luke 3:21-22.
Isaac in the midst of famine, reaped one hundred (100) fold returns, to the extent that the King of the Philistines, Abimelech, said unto Isaac, go away from us; for thou art much mightier than us (Genesis 26:16). Can you imagine, an individual mightier than a nation?
Those who walk in the supernatural are not limited by time or space. The disciples were assembled together and Jesus came into their midst even with a door that was shut (John 20:19), because He himself is the door (John 10:7, 9). That is why no door can be shut against you, because when you have Jesus, access becomes very easy.
The law of nature and gravitational forces were suspended when you walk in the supernatural. Jesus experienced it; He walked on water and even when they wanted to arrest Him, he passed through their midst and went his way (Matthew 14:22-25; Luke 4:28-32).
Secrets of the supernatural:
1. Sight: There is nothing that sponsors sight like insight (revelation). Paul said “I went up by revelation (Galatians 2:2). If you can see well, you can act well. You have also committed God and secure Divinity for His invitation and intervention in the affairs of your life (Genesis 11:1-6; Jeremiah 1:11).
2. Declarations: A closed mouth is a closed destiny. What a privilege! God is giving you an opportunity to exercise your sonship through your declarations. God said that which you have spoken in my ears, I will do it (Numbers 14:28). God is committed to your declarations, so be careful of what you are saying. Speak right Words. The Bible said “how forcible are right words (Job 6:25). It carries with it a compelling force/power that the power of hell cannot withstand it.
3. Don’t use someone else’s armour: If you must walk in the supernatural, don’t use someone else’s amour. When Saul gave David his armour, David said “I have not proven it” (1Samuel 17:39). We are in a generation full of copying/imitations. No one is ready to invent a new thing with their names and signatures on it. Brethren, Identify the areas you are gifted or wired, sharpen yourself and deploy them maximally.
4. Courage and boldness: To access the supernatural, you must be bold. The man of the spirit had a Lionic heart, not a chicken heart who bows to the pressures and suggestions of the enemy. They confront the gates of hell with boldness until victory is achieved. One of the secrets of the Lion is its’ boldness. It does not turn away from any beasts of the field (Proverbs 28:1; 30:30)
5. Audacity of faith: Your faith must be released to experience the supernatural. The three Hebrew boys exhibited this kind of faith in Daniel 3:16-18 and God came through for them. They told the King “If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us out of thine hand, O King. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up”
6. The word of God: The supernatural answers to the Word of God. “And Elijah the Tishbite, who was of the inhabitants of Gilead, said unto Ahab, As the LORD God of Israel liveth, before whom I stand, there shall not be few nor rain these years, but according to my word” (1Kings 17:1). The Word of God is a potent force that gives you stand in the realm of the spirit. Be armed with the Word and exploit in the supernatural, will be the order of event in your life.
7. Right company: Like begets like. Fire begat fire. Elisha followed Elijah for 21 years and he connected with supernatural operations. When Elijah departed and Elisha was confronted with River Jordan, he used the mantle of Elijah that had impacted his life through association and parted River Jordan (2Kings 2:13-15).
8. Order: You must put order and priorities in your life, if you are going to see the acts of the supernatural (1Kings 18:30-33). The anointing flows effortlessly where there is order.
9. The mystery of the prophetic: Elisha enjoyed the supernatural through the mystery of the prophetic. In 2Kings 6:1-7, where the axe head fell into the river, he cut a stick and threw it into the water and the axe head was restored. The law of density which states that a heavier object cannot be suspended on top of the water was demystified by the prophetic Ministry.
Hinderances to Walking in the Supernatural:
1. Bitterness: Pain and bitterness block your capacity and ability to see and access the supernatural. Hagar was so bitter against Abraham and Sarah to the degree that she sat by the pool of water, by her provisions, but bitterness and pain closed her eyes. It took Gods’ intervention for her eyes to be opened (Genesis 21:14-19)
2. Doubt and unbelief: Unbelief and Doubts can hinder you from accessing the supernatural. Jesus could not do many mighty works in His home town because of unbelief (Matthew 13:58).
3. Sin and compromise: Gehazi was hindered from experiencing the supernatural because of compromise. The anointing of Elisha could have rested upon him, but he lost that generational unction because of compromise.
ALSO READ: Monthly Focus For August 2023: Thriving In Difficult Times And Seasons; By Pastor Favour Onoja
4. Lukewarmness: This is another hindrance to accessing the supernatural. There is no vacuum in the realm of the spirit. The Bible said “If you are neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth (Revelation 3:15-16).. Rather, be focused and Fervent in the spirit.
5. Unfaithfulness: If you are not faithful in the things God has committed into your care, it will hinder you from accessing the supernatural.
In this 11th month, I decree and declare that you shall access all that God has for you, as you walk faithfully in the supernatural. The wonders of God without numbers shall be your portion, in Jesus name!
Pastor Onoja is of Global Impact Revival Assembly International, P. O. Box 16504 Zone 3, Wuse-Abuja, FCT, Nigeria. E-mail: email@example.com; Tel. Nos: +234(0)8055842594; +234(0)7034893375.