“And it shall come to pass in that day, that the mountains shall drop new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth of the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of Shittim” (Joel 3:18).
Welcome to the Month of September, 2023, the last quarter of the year. Our Focus for the Month is “NEW WINE” (Joel 3:18).
In this last month of the third quarter of the year, God shall pour out His Spirit upon your life, that shall handle every forces of hell masterminded against your life and destiny, in this season. This outpouring of His Spirit shall terminate every valley of hopelessness, despair and usher you into your abundance, in Jesus Name.
The Meaning of a New Wine
– A New Wine is a symbol of God’s refreshing Spirit, a sign of God’s blessing and abundance.
– Jesus used the term “New Wine” as a description of His Ministry and the Spirit- empowered life. Thus, a “New Wine” takes on the symbol of the Holy Spirit The book of Acts 2:17 further reiterated it – “And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:”
– This out pouring will usher in the glory of the Lord and it shall be heavier than that of the former. “The glory of the latter house shall be greater than the former, saith the LORD of hosts; and in this place will I give peace, saith the Lord of hosts” (Haggai 2:9).
– New Wine also means the separation of the old from the new. The ideas of a new wine draws a line between the former and the latter. This is talking about the New Order.
In Revelation 21:5, He said “Behold, I make all things New”
– It is also a season characterized by renewal, restoration and revival where dry bones shall rise again.
How to Access New Wine?
1. Surrender to Jesus and Make Him the Lord and Saviour of Your Life:
You cannot put new wine into old wine skin without the salvation of your soul. To have a new wine skin, you must surrender your life to Jesus, and accept Him as your Lord and Saviour; and become born again (John 3:3).
2. Renew Your Mind With the Word of God:
To renew your mind, you must regularly study Gods’ Word, obey it, apply it to your life and live in obedience to it. Transformation automatically takes place as you do this (Romans 12:2)
3. Sanctify Your Vessel:
It is the responsibility of every child of God to cleanse themselves, in order to become a vessel of honour, sanctified, holy, useful to God and be prepared to do any good work. (2Timothy 2:20-21)
4. Crucify the Flesh:
The flesh is an enemy of the spirit. The flesh must be dealt with, and give way for the anointing to flow. Don’t pamper the flesh; it will hinder your growth in your walk with God. Crucify it. (Romans 8:13; Galatians 2:20)
5. Perseverance in Prayer:
Wait, stay in the place of prayer until the anointing of His Spirit drop on your life. This can also be accomplished through regular fellowship with God, together with prayer and fasting. (Luke 24:49)
6. The Love Life:
We are in a loveless generation where selfishness has occupied our hearts. If we must access new wine, we must love God and people without any thought of receiving something in return. We must live a sacrificial life of giving. (John 13:35)
The Fruits of New Wine (Holy Spirit):
The fruits of the Holy Spirit differ from the gifts of the Holy Spirit. The gifts of the Holy Spirit are like virtues while the fruits of the Holy Spirit are the actions that those virtues produce.
The fruits of the Holy Spirit are listed in Galatians 5:22-23, and they are:
1. Charity (Love):
Charity is the love for God and for your neighbour, without any thought of receiving something in return. It’s love expressed in our actions towards God and our fellow men. The Bible described it as “Agape love”
Joy is described as the state of being undisturbed by negative occurrences or things in our lives.
Peace is a tranquility in our soul, that comes from relying on God, rather than getting caught up in anxiety for the future, through the help of the Holy Spirit; and trusting God to come through for you, in every given situation or circumstances.
Patience is the ability to bear the imperfections of other people through the knowledge of our own imperfections and our need for God’s mercy and forgiveness.
Kindness is the willingness to give to others above and beyond what we owe them.
Goodness is the avoidance of evil and the embrace of what is right, even at the expense of one’s earthly fame and fortune.
Long-Suffering is patience under provocation, while patience is properly directed at other’s faults. To be long-suffering is to endure quietly the attacks of others
To be mild in behavior is to be forgiving rather than angry; and be gracious rather than vengeful. The gentle person is meek like Christ Himself, who said that “I am gentle and humble of heart” (Matthew 11:29). He does not insist on having his own way, but yield to others for the sake of the Kingdom of God.
Faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit. It also means living our life in accordance with God’s Will, at all times.
Being meek means humbling yourself and acknowledging that any of your successes, achievements, talents, or merits are not truly your own, but a gift from God.
This means self-control. It does not mean denying oneself of your needs or wants (so long as what you want is something good); rather, it is the exercise of moderation in all things.
Chastity is the submission of physical desire to right reason, subjugating it to one’s spiritual nature. It also means indulging our physical desires only within the appropriate contexts – for instance, engaging in sexual activity only within marriage.
Essence of New Wine:
1. Wine brings strength and gladness to the heart (Psalm 104:14-15)
2. Wine brings preservation (Ephesians 1:13; 4:30)
3. Wine brings sweetness and abundance (Joel 3:18; Genesis 27:28; Amos 9:13)
4. It brings satisfaction to our soul (Isaiah 56:12
5. It brings healing (Proverbs 31:6-7)
6. It’s the secret of the anointing (Luke 4:18)
7. It’s the secret of the blessing (Isaiah 65:8)
In this Ninth Month, I decree and declare that the dew of heaven and the fatness of the earth shall be your portion, in Jesus Name (Genesis 27:28, 39).
I decree and declare your preservation throughout this Ember Months. No arrow or weapons of the enemy that’s formed or fashioned against you that shall prosper, in Jesus Name (Isaiah 54:17).
Pastor Onoja is of Global Impact Revival Assembly International, P. O. Box 16504 Zone 3, Wuse-Abuja, FCT, Nigeria. E-mail: email@example.com; Tel. Nos: +234(0)8055842594; +234(0)7034893375.