“In the Seventh Month, in the one and twentieth day of the month, came the Word of the LORD by the Prophet Haggai, saying: Speak now to Zerubbabel, the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, and to the residue of the people, saying:
“Who is left among you that saw this house in her first glory? and how do you see it now? is it not in your eyes in comparison of it as nothing?
“Yet now be strong, O Zerubbabel, saith the LORD; and be strong, O Joshua, son of Josedech, the high priest; and be strong, all ye people of the land, saith the LORD, and work: for I am with you, saith the LORD of hosts:
“According to the Word that I Covenanted with you when ye came out of Egypt, so my spirit remaineth among you: fear ye not.
“For this saith the LORD of hosts; yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land;
“And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts.
“The silver is mine, and the gold is mine saith the LORD of hosts.
“The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.” (Haggai 2:1-9)
WELCOME to the Month of May, 2023. Our Focus for the Month is “From Glory to Glory” (Haggai 2:1-9).
I decree and declare that the glory of the LORD shall overwhelm your lives and handle every spirit of uncertainty, perplexity, turmoil, unrest and insecurity in our nation, Nigeria and the nations of the Earth.
The glory shall be a covering and a defence over our lives and nation throughout this Month (Isaiah 4:5-6) in Jesus Name.
The word Glory is literally translated “heavy weight”, grandest thing about someone. It’s a spiritual tsunami of everything contained in the character of God.
Glory is called the manifest presence of God, but more than just a presence, it is power. The kind of power that resurrects, delivers, heals, overcomes and transforms. It is greater and stronger than any other power in existence. And it belongs to you.
Yet, maybe you feel like the glory is untouchable, unreachable. Maybe, you think of the manifestation of the glory of God as something reserved for special church services or an extraordinary circumstance.
All the while, you might have been longing to see the power of God manifest in your life, your church and your country. And you never knew that this glory is available to you 24/7. It is directly inside of you, already built-in.
That is how God designed it and designed you. Because you were born of God (John 1:13), that glory is inside you right now!
All things that the father has, including His glory belongs to you. This means that His glory is not too far or out of reach, but it is right within your grasp!
What is Glory?
- The manifest presence of God and its’ power;
- Great honor, fame, splendor, magnificence, beauty, heavenly bliss and dignity; and
- Glory literally means “heavy weight”.
Ways to Tap Into His Glory:
- Look for the Glory: “But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God” (Acts 7:55), NKJV. If we aren’t expecting to see the glory of God, we probably won’t. Just like anything in the kingdom of God, it takes faith to see a manifestation. “The sight of the glory of God is like a devouring fire on top of the mount” (Exodus 24:17);
- Pray for the Glory: “For I consider the suffering of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us” (Romans 8:18). How do you pray for the glory of God? First, pray that the glory will be revealed to you and in you. You can see and experience the glory of God, but you must diligently ask and seek for it to be revealed;
- Prepare for the Glory: “The love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us” (Romans 5:5). Do you know there are degrees of the glory? If you want to experience the fullness of God’s glory, you must prepare your spirit. How? By walking in love. It takes faith to receive and operate in the glory and faith works by love (Galatians 5:6). That means the glory of God will increase in you, in direct proportion to how you walk in love; and
- Walk in the Glory: “But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the spirit of the Lord” (1Corinthians 3:18). The glory of God looks for a dwelling place. The original house for the glory of God was the tabernacle; but under the New Covenant, the Holy Spirit builds a temple in every believer (1Corinthians 3:16). We are God’s house, His temple. Only His temple is no longer in a fixed location. This house can walk and talk and preach the gospel.
Characteristics/Signs of His Glory:
- To handle and tackle the covering cast upon the face of the Earth (Isaiah 25:7);
- Massive resources, unprecedented wealth and supernatural supplies for global evangelism (Haggai 2:6-9; Psalm 67:6-7; 144:12);
- Harvest of Souls and unprecedented Global Evangelism (Acts 4:20-37; 12:23-25; Psalm 110:3; Zechariah 8:23);
- Judgment upon the Adversaries (Numbers 16:28-35; Isaiah 26:9);
- Defence and Preservation (Isaiah 4:5-6; 27:1-3);
- Global Publicity and Advertisement (Matthew 17:5; Zechariah 8:23);
- Unusual Openings and Opportunities (Isaiah 26:2; Psalm 24:7-10; Acts 12:10);
- Fresh Outpouring of His Anointing (Psalm 92:10);
- To Terminate Captivity and Cast Out The Horns That Have Scattered Judah. Israel and Jerusalem (Zechariah 1:18-21; Isaiah 40:1-5); and
- Supernatural Speed (Numbers 17:1-10; Acts 13:41; Romans 9:28; Isaiah 10:22-23; 1Kings 18:46).
Secrets of the Glory:
- Purity: “Let thy garments be always white: and let thy head lack no Ointment” (Ecclesiastes 9:8). Purity is secret to the anointing and a lifestyle of consistent, perpetual integrity before God and man;
- Prayer and Fasting: “And behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high” (Luke 24:49). The place of waiting is the place of encounters and visitation. Jesus was full of the Holy Ghost when He returned from Jordan after being in the presence of God for Forty Days (Luke 4:1);
- Humility: “God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace to the humble” (James 4:6);
- Service: Be service driven and service oriented. Service precede opportunities and greatness (Proverbs 28:20);
- Keep the Fire on Your Altar Burning (Leviticus 6:9-13). Let the fire on your altar not go down. This indicates responsibilities. Take responsibility;
- Don’t Touch His Glory: Whatever God has accomplished or will accomplish in your life, give Him back the glory. Don’t touch His glory (Isaiah 42:7-8);
- Association: The glory can be accessed through genuine association. Joshua contacted the glory by his association with Moses (Exodus 24:13-18).
I decree and declare the restoration of the lost glory upon our nation, Nigeria, in this Month, in Jesus Name
I declare strength upon the citizens of our nation, Nigeria. Be strong and work; for the Lord of Hosts is with us and our victory shall be established this Month in Jesus Name (Haggai 2::2-4). Every spell of fear and uncertainty is arrested, in Jesus Name.
I decree and declare that your portion in this Month shall be delivered into your hands. You shall experience unprecedented supernatural supplies, in Jesus Name.
I declare that the glory of the LORD shall defend you throughout this Month and our nation, Nigeria (Isaiah 4:5-6), in Jesus Name.
Pastor Onoja is of Global Impact Revival Assembly International, P. O. Box 16504 Zone 3, Wuse-Abuja, FCT, Nigeria. E-mail: email@example.com; Tel. Nos: +234(0)8055842594; +234(0)7034893375.