“The LORD will give strength to his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace” (Psalm 29:11).
WELCOME to the Month of March, 2023. Our Focus for the Month is “THE BLESSING OF PEACE”
We are in a World that is full of uncertainty, perplexity, turmoil, insecurity and unrest that has overwhelmed the nations of the Earth. Nations rising against nations in war, family members are in crisis and chaos and not in talking terms because of lack of peace.
“And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must need be; but the end shall not be yet” (Mark 13:7).
United Nations, fame, popularity, wealth and influence cannot give peace; but God is the giver of Peace.
“These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the World ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer: I have overcome the World” (John 16:33).
I pray for you, that the Lord of Peace Himself, give you PEACE by all means, throughout this Month and beyond, including our Nation Nigeria, in Jesus Name. (2Thessa. 3:16; Gen. 41:16))
What is Peace?
* Peace is absolute rest and confidence in God and in His promises (2Corinthians 7:1);
* Peace is freedom from disturbance and tranquillity. It is viewed as peace of mind and serenity. It’s also a state or period in which there’s no war or a war has ended;
* Peace is an absence of dissension, violence, or war. It is also seen as concord, or harmony and tranquillity;
* It is defined as a state of law or civil government, a state of justice or goodness, a balance of equilibrium of powers; and
* Peace is a concept of societal friendship and harmony in the absence of hostility and violence. Peace is commonly used to mean a lack of conflict (such as war) and freedom from fear of violence between individuals or groups.
Sources of Peace:
- Reconciliation with God (born again): Ultimate Peace is birthed out of your reconciliation/relationship with Jesus Christ. “Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God” (Romans 5:1-2). When you receive Jesus Christ into your life as your personal Lord and Saviour, then peace is attained. True peace only comes from Jesus Christ.
- The word of God: The Word of God is the only authentic and major source of peace. “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusted in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength” (Isaiah 26:3-4). The Word of God is food and therapy for your soul and mind. So let the Word of God dwell in you richly (Colossians 3:16) and thereby you shall find peace. The absence of the Word is the absence of peace and abundance of fear, worries and anxiety.
- Reconciliation with people/forgiveness: Peace can also be achieved through forgiveness. There are people who have hurt you, lied against you and trampled upon you, you must forgive such individuals, in order to achieve your peace. “And when you stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses” (Mark 11:25). We must eschew evil and seek peace, and ensure it, no matter what anybody has done to you. (1Peter 3:11).
Importance of Peace:
- Peace facilitates the Blessing (Psalm 29:11);
- Peace is the secret of Dominion and Authority (Psalm 72:7-8);
- God’s visitation and intervention happens in the atmosphere of peace;
- Peace brings strength, energy and vitality (Psalm 29:11);
- Peace is the secret of answered prayers (Genesis 41:16);
- Rest and refreshment are achieved through Peace (Psalm 4:8);
- Peace is the secret of good and abundance (Job 22:21).
- Peace is the secret of unity;
- Peace brings Favour (Numbers 6:26);
- Peace facilitates inspiration and wisdom (Proverbs 17:28);
- Peace is key to your spirituality and wellbeing (Psalm 72:7);
- Peace is cure to fear, worries and anxiety (1Peter 5:7; Genesis 43:23);
- Peace is key to security and safety (Isaiah 32:18);
- Peace is the secret of Soul Winning (Isaiah 52:7);
- Peace can be procured through the love of God and knowledge of the Word (Psalm 119:165);
- Peace brings health (Jeremiah 33:6);
- Peace is a fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22);
- Peace is the secret of revelation.
– In this Month, God shall give you an answer of peace in all your endeavours. including our Nation, Nigeria (Gen. 41:16), in Jesus Name.
– The LORD of Peace Himself shall give you Peace by all means, throughout this Month, in Jesus Name.
– I decree and declare that every storm of your life and destiny shall experience Peace, this Month, in Jesus Name.
Pastor Onoja is of Global Impact Revival Assembly International, P. O. Box 16504 Zone 3, Wuse-Abuja, FCT, Nigeria. E-mail: email@example.com; Tel. Nos: +234(0)8055842594; +234(0)7034893375.